Monday, May 12, 2008

i'm due for a C list encounter

during the last couple of weeks there has been an extreme upswing in the number of celebrity encounters amongst my friends. it started with my friend from back home, matt, who recently moved to los angeles. about three weeks ago matt IM'd me to tell me his exciting news - he had finally met his idol, rick ro$$, at a party.

now i'm not saying the bo$$ is a C list celebrity. what i am saying is that after matt's encounter, the level of celebrity interactions amongst those near and dear to me have kind of, well, dropped significantly.

just last week my friend logan texted me with her exciting news. in the bar where she was participating in pub trivia sat none-other-than the original becky from tv's roseanne. wasted. i won't lie – becky number two was my favorite. but it is nice to know that number one is still kicking it around nyc, drinking like john goodman.

then there was yesterday morning when i woke up to find a text message my cousin john rounding out the celebrity trifecta. i immediately texted him back to find out the details. hours later he calls.

"i got wasted with smalls from the sandlot," he said. i was more excited about this than when i got asked to fill out a survey on hollywood blvd by the guy that played roofio on hook. or the time gary sinise told me not to curse in front of his daughter at disney world. or even more than the time i followed the drummer from hootie and the blowfish around the grocery store to see what kind of cereal he bought.

seriously though, who the fuck else eats product 19?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have Product 19 in my pantry right now. I'm not even lying.

And one of my friends saw Darius Rucker at the airport in Memphis.

Josie Thrift said...

dude. the original becky was at my friend's wedding a few years ago. also wasted. we were watching the wedding video and we saw her for like 2 seconds in the background trying to dance but really stumbling all over the place and laughing hysterically.