Thursday, February 14, 2008

hip hop, you're the love of my life

random thoughts for valentine's day, 2008:
  • if i were a girl, i would definitely have a crush on dave treston... if for nothing more than his valentine making skills. dave gave me the best valentine in the history of valentines: on the front there was a picture of richie valens, and on the inside it read "won't you be my richie valens-tine?" seriously ladies, snap this kid up before he gets taken.
  • the older i get the more i feel like love is just a made up emotion, only visible between characters on movies. love is tolerance veiled in romance. how else can you explain two people living together for sixty years without killing each other? tolerance, not love - that's how.
  • i'm not saying that love doesn't exist. far from it, actually. i love mike and ikes. and pabst blue ribbon. and driving at night with the windows down, even when it's cold. and tuxedos. and lens flares. and hard snowfall. and hammocks. and chicago... and i especially love my music. so here's my post-valentine's day playlist:
    1. blondie - hanging on the telephone
    2. casiotone for the painfully alone - half ghost
    3. joshua radin - star mile
    4. the roots - act too (the love of my life)
    5. cftpa - destroy the evidence
    6. seabear - seashell
    7. citizen cope - sideways
    8. playradioplay - at this particular moment in time
    9. whiskeytown - inn town
    10. ryan adams - dear chicago

1 comment:

Dave said...

The valentine I made you was my favorite of the bunch. Thanks, Pat!