Monday, December 3, 2007

i am in the twilight of my youth

2:00 a.m. at the adcenter. working on a powerpoint deck. i probably should be done by now, if only i could stop thinking about a phone conversation i had earlier today. here's a choice little nugget:
bailey: so how's school?
me: eeeeh, it's not so bad. just busy busy.
bailey: what are you working on?
me: all sorts of shit. putting together a powerpoint deck, image searching, writing, etc. etc. etc.
bailey: hmmmmph. that doesn't sound interesting at all.
me: tell me about it. what are you doing?
bailey: writing a lesson plan for class tomorrow morning [she's an elementary school teacher]. i'm also writing up a lesson i did with friday's classes about crickets and jumping.
me: crickets and jumping? that sounds cool.
bailey: i know, right? it was an experiment to see who could jump further: them, or the crickets.
me: i used to love school.

No comments: