Sunday, January 27, 2008

anatomy of a prank gone wrong

i am shit at pranks. fact.

in high school i used to pull pranks all the time. unfortunately they often ended with tears, or near-misses with the police. one prank in particular blew up in my face royally.

it was my senior year of high school, maybe 4 weeks before graduation. my friend holly was celebrating her birthday on a saturday... the same day she was going to pitch a home softball game in the district tournament.

driving down one of the roads near my neighborhood, i noticed a toilet left on the side of the road waiting to be picked up by a garbage crew. naturally i pulled over, and hoisted the toilet into the back of my truck. explaining to my folks why i had a toilet in the back of my truck was easy. explaining the smell to my friends was a little bit wonky.

the plan was to take the toilet and place it on the pitchers' mound of the field where holly would be playing. late friday night, the toilet was placed in its designated position. early saturday morning, however, the toilet was moved.

right into the parking spot of our principal.

needless to say, a weeks worth of detention ended any possibility of a toilet prank sequel.

No comments: