Tuesday, January 15, 2008

this couldn't happen again

i love going to the imax theater.

i love my computer, my ipod, my tv, and my collection of garbage pail kids trading cards.

i especially love me some wii sports.

despite these, i can't help but feel that i should've been alive during the 1940's instead of today. here's why:
  • sixty years ago people got dressed up for everything. work, the movies, grocery shopping, kickin' it... you wouldn't see a guy out and about without a three-piece suit and a fedora. you can't pull that off now without looking like that twat at the sushi restaurant who was wearing a bowler.
  • when you got your laundry washed at the laundromat they wrapped it up in paper and twine, like a christmas present – which i find to be quite charming. i wish someone would wrap my delicates in paper and twine.
  • the music. listen to again by doris day and tell me that song doesn't do something to you. something magical, that is.
  • judy garland. sigh.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I seriously hope you consider this man's offer.

page66 said...

Yes, please, please, please consider it. Or at least name your first agency The Judy Garland Experience (& Partners).

djborisyeltsin said...

i think i would be doing the bradcenter a great injustice if i didn't name my first agency "the" judy garland experience. will you guys come and work for me? i'll give you free rice krispie treats every day.

di said...

i would like to place a bet that dan b. is probably a cereal killer and the 'b' stands for 'butchered twenty two judy garland haters and hid them in my judy garland themed backyard'

but seriously, 1940s.

yessssss.